It is in community that we experience grace. We gather together in small groups to live life together and to serve our neighborhood.
Small groups ARE NOW CLOSED for this trimester….. come back in the Fall for tri 3!
If you would like to find other ways of getting involved in our community meanwhile – email Liz
Check out the leaders, locations, and logistics below:
- Small Groups at Restoration Arlington have 12-15 members. This size facilitates natural energy, mild anonymity, and self-paced vulnerability. They last about 90 minutes.
- We use a tri-semester calendar with fixed start and end dates. New groups begin in January, April and September.
- Dates this Tri: week beginning April 15 – the last week of June (11 weeks of glorious small group-ness)
- Our small groups are safe, Bible-centered communities where you meet new people, grow in faith, and have fun. Almost everyone you meet at Restoration Arlington is in a small group, so plan on signing up for the next trimester.
There are several ways to ‘pick’ your group:
- Geographically: Use the map to choose a group that meets near your home.
- Calendar: Look for a day and time that fits your schedule.
- Topically: Most of the groups study the Bible passage from the sermon that week. But there are also groups on finances, parenting young kids, parenting teens, and strengthening your marriage. Would one of these topics be helpful to you?
- Demographically: Some of the groups are for men only or women only, some let you bring your kids, others give you a night away from the kids.
- Mentoring: Three of the groups are offering ‘mentoring’. If you fit the demographic and would like to be intentional in your walk with the Lord this tri choose one of these! One of the group leaders will be your mentor and you will also connect every week (by phone, or over coffee or ..) outside of small group time. These groups will be deeply rewarding! These groups will be smaller than the others.
We hope there is a group that fits what you are seeking. If not, let us know!
- 9:30am - CLOSED Heather & Roger Raber – All Welcome – Kids Welcome – Sermon
- 9:30am - CLOSED Carol & Brian Bussey – All Welcome – No Kids – Mentoring – Sermon
- 10:30am - CLOSED Christine & Andrew Jones – All pondering vocation- No kids – Mentoring – Faith & Work
- 11am – CLOSED Jodie & David Griffin – All Welcome – Infants Only – St. Augustine’s “Confessions”
- 6:30-8:15pm – APEX – Middle and High Schoolers – Mentoring
- 6:15am – CLOSED Jeff Wilcox & Matt Kenyon – Anyone seeking to better align their work and faith – No Kids - Work Matters by Tom Nelson
- 8pm – CLOSED Desiree Fey & Michele Mason – Women Only – No Kids – C.S. Lewis’ Daily Readings
- 8pm – CLOSED Laura and David Ayres & Melanie and Drew Bond – Parents of teens – No Kids – Sermon
- 6:30am – CLOSED Andrew Powars & Chris Belen – Men Only – No Kids – Sermon
- 8pm – CLOSED Carrie & Alex Montalto – Newly Married Couples – Infants Only – Sermon
- 10am – CLOSED Whitney Casstevens and Elizabeth Parish – Women Only – Kids Welcome – Sermon
- 6:30pm - CLOSED Carolyn & Hunter Weimer – All Welcome – Kids Welcome – Sermon
- 6:30pm – CLOSED Elizabeth & Anthony Colosimo – All Welcome – No Kids – Sermon
- 7:15pm – CLOSED Christie Dondero – Women ages 15 and older – No Kids – New ID
- 7:30pm – CLOSED John Hodukavich & Simon Gray – All Welcome – No Kids – Gospel of John
- 7:30pm – Love Arlington: Brent and Melody Jone & Liz Gray – All Welcome – No Kids – Serving Arlington
- 7:30pm – CLOSED Elizabeth and Wray Fitch & Mary Ann and Allen Calhoun – All Welcome – No Kids – A.W. Tozer’s Pursuit of God
- 7:30pm – CLOSED Laurel and David Hanke & Grace and Danny Murphy – All Welcome – Infants Only – Sermon
- 8pm – CLOSED Mary and Logan Breed & Melanie and Jade Totman – Newly Married Couples – No Kids – Mentoring
- 8pm – CLOSED Jed Royal & Scott Parish – Men Only – No Kids – Sermon
- 8pm – CLOSED Brad Nelson – Men Only – No Kids – Gospel & the City
- 10am – CLOSED Rachel Hoppe and Sarah Shellock – Women Only – Kids Welcome – Sermon
- 7pm – CLOSED Leigh McAfee and Louise Brooks – Women Only – No Kids – Beauty and Value
- 7:15pm – CLOSED Rebecca Harper and Sophie Glover and Amy Zapf – Women Only – No Kids – Sermon
- 7:30pm – CLOSED West Virginia Small Group – All Welcome – Kids Welcome – Mission and the Church
- 8pm - CLOSED Becky & Steve Mohr and Nathan and Lorene Eberhardt – All Welcome – Infants Only – Sermon
Check out the map to meet the leaders and learn more about what you’ll be discussing:
View Tri2 2013 in a larger map