Kids’ Small Groups Coordinator
I grew up between Culpeper and Warrenton, VA, and spent most of my childhood barefoot in the country. I came to know Jesus through YoungLife when I was fifteen. Since then, God has taken me on some wild and awesome journeys and I would love to share them with you over a cup of coffee!
I’m passionate about all things surrounding God-given dignity and helping others know their value. I love to collaborate with teams and help each other grow the kingdom. I love to build relationships with people and help them know how much they are loved by God. It’s a joy serving at Restoration and seeing God move.
On any given Sunday, you can find me downstairs collaborating with Miss Louise and our volunteers, laughing with kiddos or chatting with their parents, and hanging with our nursery team. I will also know where all the snacks are and have an abundance of corny jokes to share. Do you know how Moses takes his tea? He brews it (HEBREWS IT!)
Miss Louise and I share a deep adoration for shepherding kids, loving the kids and their families, and serving the community here at Restoration. When Miss Louise and I aren’t sharing Story Time or having a blast strategizing about how we can teach God’s love, you can find me eating ice cream, walking dogs, reading a book, or getting lost on a stroll and enjoying my surroundings.
Here are things I’m thankful for:
- Butter-pasta okay, enough with the butter theme
- Writing poems
- Flowers, just after it rains
- The quiet times with Jesus where silence is found in the pre-dawn chirping of birds or the noise of a hustling city
- The still-life portrait of butter in the National Gallery of Art (“Mound of Butter”, by Antoine Vollon) sorry, not sorry, I love butter!
- Walking barefoot through freshly cut grass or on parts of the beach that are hardened by the tide
- When babies laugh and giggle
- Piedmont Blues Music (anything by Elizabeth Cotten) and John Coltrane-Esque Jazz Music