Who We Are
Restoration’s Children’s Ministry is comprised of children aged newborn through 5th grade. Children learn about the love of Jesus Christ through relationships with others as they meet in small groups each week with adult leaders.
Jesus teaches that we are to “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength . . . and to love your neighbor as yourself.” (Mark 12:30-31) Restoration’s children are taught to love the Lord with all their heart and with all their soul by building relationships with their peers and their leaders; experiencing God’s love as He works in and through them and others. They are taught to love the Lord with all their mind by studying the Bible – with a Bible in their hands. They are taught to love the Lord with all their strength as they engage in games, crafts, and hands-on activities. They are taught to love their neighbors by engaging in outreach activities through our church community, sometimes leading projects for the congregation or serving with others in our congregation.
What We Believe
God knows me. (Isaiah 49:15-16)
He is crazy about me. (1 John 3:1)
He goes with me everywhere. (Matthew 28:20)
What We Do
During the construction of our new facility, Restoration is meeting at Little Falls Presbyterian Church. We have lots of information about Restoration children’s ministry at LFPC.
Nursery (Newborn to not yet three-years-old)
- Children in our nursery are cared for by a loving staff and volunteers throughout the service. Often, you’ll hear laughing, singing, and stories being read. You’ll see children engaged with care givers and one another through play. Our children receive a Bible story teaching each week that is adapted from Gospel Light’s Preschool Curriculum.
- Enroll your child in nursery care.
Preschool (those who turn three-years-old by September 30, but who are not yet in kindergarten)
- Our preschoolers begin their time at church in the service with their families. After a bit of worship, children are dismissed to meet in their small group to read, play, pray, and learn using everything from their Bibles to their creativity. Adult leaders team with youth volunteers to build connections with our preschoolers. We use Gospel Light’s Preschool Curriculum. Children return to the service to celebrate the Eucharist with their families.
- Enroll your child in the preschool small group.
Elementary (those in kindergarten through 5th grade)
- Elementary students begin their time at church in the service with their families. After a bit of worship, children are dismissed to meet in their small groups — Kindergarten-2nd graders and 3rd-5th graders. The leaders of these small groups have invested their time and talent to build relationships with “their kids” as they study God’s word through reading, writing, conversation, games, crafts, and prayer. We use the Children Desiring God curriculum for both our Kindergarten-2nd Grade small group and our 3rd-5th Grade small group. Children return to the service to celebrate the Eucharist with their families.
- Enroll your child in a Sunday kids small group.
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14)