We love kids. (Which is good, because we’ve got a lot of them!) Children’s ministry at Restoration is shaped by three core beliefs that we pray all our kids will come to embrace:
- God knows me. (Psalm 139:1-8)
- He is crazy about me. (John 3:16)
- He goes with me everywhere. (Matthew 28:20)
Our children’s ministry is tailored to kids’ abilities and needs in three different age groups:
For ages newborn to not-yet-three years old.
For those who turn three by September 30 but are not yet in kindergarten.
For those in kindergarten through 5th grade.
Children aged newborn through 5th grade are taught and cared for by trained adult leaders. Our leaders are committed to helping kids experience the love of Jesus Christ through relationships with others as they meet in small groups each week.
These small groups provide great environments where children can learn how to follow Jesus’ command to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength…and to love your neighbor as yourself.” (Mark 12:30-31)
- Kids learn to love the Lord with all their heart and with all their soul by building relationships with their peers and their leaders, experiencing God’s love as He works in and through them and others.
- Kids learn to love the Lord with all their mind by studying the Bible—with a Bible in their hands.
- Kids learn to love the Lord with all their strength as they engage in games, crafts, and hands-on activities.
- Kids learn to love their neighbors by engaging in outreach activities through our church community, sometimes leading projects for the congregation or serving with others in our congregation.
We take our children’s safety very seriously. We ask that all children’s ministry volunteers have been part of the Restoration community for at least six months. Additionally, all our volunteers undergo background checks and go through our child safety training annually. If you’d like to know more, take a look at our child safety policy.