There are over 19 commands in verses 1-21 of Ephesians 5. Paul is just getting all up in that little church’s grill.
What do you think I’m going to say about this on Sunday?
List of Commands/ Imperatives in Chapter 5: 1-21
- Be imitators of God
- Walk in love
- Do not even name sexual immorality, all impurity, covetousness
- No filthiness, nor foolish talk, nor crude joking
- Let there be thanksgiving
- Let no one deceive you with empty words
- Do not become partners with the sons of disobedience
- Walk as children of light
- Try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord
- Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness
- Expose the unfruitful works of darkness
- Look carefully how you walk
- Do not be foolish
- Understand what the will of the Lord is
- Do not get drunk with wine
- Be filled with the Spirit
- Address one another in psalms, hymns, spiritual songs
- Give thanks always and for everything to God…
- Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
should be fun…