Praying at 4pm every Sunday. Why?
For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:14 (ESV)
The best explanation as to why we should pray can be found by listening to Bethany Hoang’s address from the IJM Global Prayer Gathering on Friday night (if you just want Bethany start listening at 1.32… but it’s all good stuff). She so clearly reminds us:
– God loves us to come to him, to talk to him, be with him, to love him…
– God loves to answer our cries and laments
– God calls us to ‘station’ ourselves: to be intentional about waiting on him
– God calls us to persevere
– And God calls us to rejoice in all his good gifts – and as he speaks with us…
– The Holy Spirit teaches, guides and leads us
Come and join us this and every Sunday at 4pm as we deliberately position ourselves in a posture of dependence on God before we come together as a community to worship at 5pm. In the Treehouse room at LFPC – it’ll be relaxed: coming late is better than not coming J
However, if you are serving in any capacity on Sunday we do need you to be there! On our own we can put together a great service – but without the Holy Spirit it will be just that – a slick operation. We want to come humble and hopeful – and excited to hear from God!