Congratulations, Liz! We’re delighted to celebrate Liz Gray and the ministry to which God has called her. Following the service, Liz and Simon invite you to join them for a reception at their home to continue the celebration: 4318 39th St. N., Arlington, VA 22207. Please keep Liz in your prayers as she enters this new stage of her ministry.
Christmas Eve at Restoration: We’re excited to celebrate Christ’s birth together! Here’s what you need to know:
– Services will be at Rivendell School, 5700 Lee Hwy., Arlington, VA, 22207.
– Services will be at 4 pm and 8 pm. Both will be identical Eucharist services of lessons and carols, but the 4 pm service is especially welcoming for children. Kids are invited to come dressed as their favorite character in the nativity story, as well as to bring an offering for Doorways for Women and Families.
– Nursery will be available at the 4 pm service only.
– Please go to restorationarlington.org for details on parking.
Giving gifts. At our Christmas Eve services, we’ll have two ways to give gifts to some of the most vulnerable members of our community:
– All of the financial offerings we collect on Christmas Eve will be given to Courtney’s House, an organization that rescues and cares for children in the DC area who have been trafficked.
– We’re also collecting new, unwrapped items for Doorways for Women and Families, a local organization that provides shelter and support to women and children who have experienced domestic violence. The following items will be particularly appreciated: diapers (all sizes); baby wipes; baby blankets; baby bottles and nipples; baby grooming kits; baby and kid t-shirts; baby and kid pjs; “no tears” body wash; baby clothes; hair brushes; hair ties; shower shoes for kids and adults.
Register today for the Women’s Retreat! Registration is open for the Women’s Retreat, Feb. 21–23, 2014, at the Capital Retreat Center in Waynesboro, PA. Our own Connally Gilliam will be leading us, and we hope all women at Restoration will come! To register, go to restorationarlington.org/ministries/retreats. Questions? Contact Liz: Go to restorationarlington.org/contact and choose “Women’s Retreat.”
Transform your view of God’s heart for the world. Perspectives is an exceptional 15-week course on world missions that we hope everyone involved in outreach at Restoration will take at some point. The next session begins on Jan. 9 at Cherrydale Baptist Church. For more info, go to www.cherrydale.org/perspectives.
Do you get our weekly e-newsletter? If not, you’re missing out on the best way to stay connected to what’s happening at Restoration. Drop an email to email@example.com to subscribe.
Can we pray for you? Every Sunday, there are teams of trained prayer ministers at the front of the sanctuary who would love to pray for you. Nothing’s too big or too small to be prayed for. Just make your way to the front after the service.