1. It’s summer for Restoration kids. That means that children in kindergarten through fifth grade worship with their families throughout the service. There are worship bags in the narthex with lots of things to help them engage with worship. Nursery- and preschool-age kids small groups will meet as usual.
2. APEX Tonight! During the summer, APEX only meets once a month, and you’ve come on the right Sunday! If you’re in middle or high school, head up to the Treehouse after the service for food, games, and a short talk.
3. Women’s Happy Hour: Join Restoration women for happy hour at Grand Cru Wine Bar in Ballston. Thurs., Jul. 17, from 5:30–7:30 pm. Stop in for a few minutes or stay for the whole time. All women are welcome! Questions? Contact Kelley Shields: email@example.com.
4. Strengthen your leadership skills: We have a few spots available for the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit, Aug. 14–15, at ColumbiaBaptist Church in Falls Church. Interested? Contact Kat: go to restorationarlington.org/contact and choose “Connect.”
5. Eager to move to the new building? We are too. We’re in the final stages of construction, and we’re planning to have our first services back on Quincy St. sometime later this summer or early fall. Watch this space for details. Thank you, too, for your continued generosity toward this project. Total project budget: $4,671,123. Total pledged: $2,441,892. Given to date: $1,591,754.
6. Fourth Tuesdays at AFAC: The fourth Tuesday of each month, from 6:30-9 pm, a team from Restoration helps distribute food to our neighbors in need at the Arlington Food Assistance Center. Everyone 14 and older is welcome. To sign up for Jul. 22 or another date, go to restorationarlington.org/ministries/outreach/local.
7. Save the date for the fall retreat! Hot and humid weather getting old? Imagine crisp fall days in the Shenandoah mountains! Restoration’s annual all-church fall retreat will be Oct. 18–19 (with an optional Friday night arrival on Oct. 17) in Harrisonburg, VA. Details and registration coming soon.
8. Don’t leave without saying goodbye. In this area, people come and go all the time. We get it. But we’d love to say goodbye and pray for you before you go. If you’re moving away, please let us know: go to restorationarlington.org/contact and choose “Connect.”
9. The 2014 West Virginia team is home safe and sound. The group of 17 spent four days in Chestnut Ridge, WV, and worked on five different constructions sites. The projects went well, everyone was safe, and great relationships were formed. Thank you so much for all your support. Please considering joining the team next year!
10. Do you get our weekly e-newsletter? If not, you’re missing out on the best way to stay connected to what’s happening at Restoration. Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe