Sunday Announcements – December 7, 2014
Responding to God’s Grace: If you have started attending Restoration since Jan 2013, you probably received an invitation, by mail, to make a one-time pledge to our building campaign. On Dec 21, you will have an opportunity during the Eucharist to offer your commitment card and to celebrate your intention to participate in making a place for Restoration. There are extra commitment cards on the welcome table in the narthex.
Interested in leading a small group in Tri1 2015? Our next round of small groups begins mid-January. If you’d like to lead a group, please contact Liz today: restorationarlington.org/contact and choose “Small Groups”
Your chance to sing carols during advent: Join us at Sunrise Assisted Living on Glebe immediately after the 5pm service on Dec 21 for an hour of singing and chatting from 7-8pm. Red hats optional but appreciated!
Join us Christmas Eve @ 4 PM or 6 PM as we celebrate the birth of Christ with a Eucharist service of lessons and carols. Children are invited to come dressed as their favorite character from the nativity story. Nursery care will be available at both services.
Christmas Eve Giving: Give two ways this Christmas!
1) All of the financial offerings we collect on Christmas Eve will be given to Casa Chirilagua. Learn how to get involved at www.casachirilagua.org
2) We’re also collecting new, unwrapped items for Doorways for Women and Families, a local organization that provides shelter and support to women and children who have experienced domestic violence. What should you bring? Ask email@example.com.
Take note! There will be only one service on Dec 28 at 10am. Plan now to be there wearing your favorite Christmas sweater.
ManTreat 2015: Jan 16-17. The earlybird deadline has passed, but there is still limited space for you! Sign up today at restorationarlington.org/ministries/retreats
Women Unscripted: Rhythms of Prayer: What do you get the lady who has it all? Register her for the Women’s Retreat, Feb 20-22, 2015! We will be talking about “Rhythms of Prayer” at the Meadowkirk Retreat Center in Middleburg, VA. For information and to register go to restorationarlington.org/ministries/retreats/ She will love it!
Dan Allender. Have you faced all parts of your own life story, and let Jesus into them? Join Dan Allender, a powerful, funny and gifted psychologist, at the To Be Told: Know Your Story, Shape Your Future conference, here at Restoration April 17-18. Early bird only $75. Register at theallendercenter.org/conferences/to-be-told or or register over snacks downstairs today
Advent Calendar: Mark your calendar and join us this season!
- Fireside Chats – Dec 9 and 16 at 7:30 at Erica Chapman’s House
- Making Cookies for Our Neighbors – Dec 14 with APEX
- Caroling – Dec 21 at 7 pm at Sunrise Senior Living Center
- Christmas Eve Service – Dec 24 at 4pm and 6pm