Sunday Announcements – July 24, 2016
- Summer @ Restoration. We have a preschool kids’ small group at both services during the summer. Elementary-aged kids join us in the sanctuary throughout the service. Worship bags are available at the kid check-in area downstairs. Nursery is always available.
- APEX Tipping Point: Youth Summer Program Kickoff – APEX’s Summer Program “TIPPING POINT,” tips off July 16th. Email Isaiah Brooms for details, email@example.com. Registration at restorationarlington.org/ministries/apex/ and the app.
- Two Services. For our summer schedule, we will only have corporate worship at 9am and 11am through Sun, Sept 4.
- AFAC Summer Farmers’ Market Runs happen in July and August on Sunday afternoons from 12:30-3:30pm. Sign up at
- Leading a Small Group. We are looking for new small group leaders for Fall 2016. If you are potentially interested in leading a group, please contact Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to sign up has been changed to July 31, 2016.
- Worship is for Lovers. Join us on Wednesdays at 7:30pm in the months of July and August in the fellowship hall. We will learn about how historic Christian practices of worship shape us into lovers of God and neighbor and how modern “secular” practices try to capture our affections. If you are interested in participating in this group, please contact David Griffin at email@example.com
- Wendell Kimbrough Show on Thurs, Aug 18 at 7:00pm. Three musicians from our congregation will join his crew to make it an awesome night of listening and singing. The best deal is $15 for two people and normal admission is $10 per person, so bring a friend who might not come to Restoration! Scroll to the bottom of restorationarlington.org to order your tickets today or buy them through the app. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pig Roast. Save the date for Sat, Sept 10 to travel to the country with our church community to feast on a pig and play. This will be a great way for us to celebrate the beginning of our school year together.
- Parking Reminder. Thank you for joining us in loving our neighbors by parking at the lot on 15th and Quincy Street and either walking or riding the shuttle with James (our bus driver) to the church building on Sundays.
- Fall Retreat is Coming! Save the date for October 14-16 this fall to join our church body for a weekend of worshipping, learning, and playing. There will be much awesomeness.
- The RestoApp. This is a great tool we use to help make listening to sermons and music, giving, volunteering, contacting folks in the congregation, and signing up for events easier! It’s in the App Store for Apple users and Google Play for Android folks. Ask for a Church Community Builder login by scrolling to the bottom of the App’s main screen, selecting “contact,” and selecting “request a CCB login.”