- Vestry Election. Vestry Selection is happening today: After each service on Nov 26 and Dec 3, Restoration members will have the opportunity to vote in our vestry selection. The table for voting is located in the upper narthex. We will announce the new vestry class on Dec 5.
- Sunday Volunteer Appreciation Lunch – Sunday Volunteers (all liturgical volunteers, musicians, nursery volunteers and prayer people) we want to thank you! Join us for lunch on Sunday, Dec 3rd @ 1:00 in Fellowship Hall. Childcare provided but please RSVP to Kathy Kenyon email@example.com
- Restomen! Join us Tue, Dec 5 for our next RestoMen gathering. We begin @7pm w/supper (Bring $5 to help cover the cost). At 7:30pmwe start the program, & end promptly @9pm. We are looking at the life of David, and our topic in Nov is “The Joy of Real Friendship.”
- Advent Community: Friends and families, join us on Sat mornings (Dec 2,9,16,23) from 9:30am to noon throughout Advent to make wreaths, decorate cookies, sing carols, organize the Glebe Star Tree (see below), and prepare the sanctuary week to week on our trek towards celebrating the arrival of our Savior. Sign up for Advent Wreath making at restorationarlington.org/workshops!
- Advent Sanctuary Preparations. We would like at least seven people for Sanctuary prep each Saturday from 9:30 to 12:00, so let us know that you’re coming! Here is the SignUp Genius link: http://bit.ly/2z3aSaJ Thanks!
- The Glebe Star Tree! Help us as we adopt over 50 families this Christmas and purchase gifts for children in our neighborhood elementary school. Be on the lookout for the Glebe Star Trees with tags indicating the gifts needed. Opportunities to sort and serve are also coming Dec 16-17.
- 2018 Men’s Retreat. Our annual Men’s retreat is coming Jan. 12-13, 2018 at Meadowkirk Retreat Center in Middleburg,VA. Register by Tuesday, Dec. 5 for Early Bird price ($70 for bunk room or $130 for inn room). Sign up on the Restoration App or website!
- Save the Date! The 2018 Women’s Retreat will take place on February 9-11, 2018 at Meadowkirk retreat center in Middleburg, Virginia. All women are warmly invited to come – and bring a friend! SAVE THE DATE! Registration details to be announced soon.
- Would you like to lead a Small Group? We are looking for new small group leaders for Winter 2018. If you are potentially interested in leading a group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to sign up is December 17, 2017.
Advent and Christmas
Morning Prayer – Tues, Dec 5,12,19, 7am – 7:30, confession 7:30 – 8
Adventy Fireside Chats – Tues, Dec 5,12 and Wed, Dec 20, at 7:30pm at Erica’s RSVP email@example.com
Advent Community Prep – Sat, Dec 2,9,16,23 from 9:30am to 12:00pm
Caroling – Dec 17, 7pm at Sunrise Senior Living on Glebe
Glebe Star Tree – Grab a star from the tree! Dec 15 gifts are due at Restoration.
Christmas Eve Sunday – Advent 4 Morning Prayer at 8am
Christmas Eve Eucharist – 3pm and 5pm for children or the young at heart and 9pm for a more traditional experience
New Year’s Eve Sunday – 10am worship service