- Vestry Election. Vestry Selection is happening today after the service. Restoration members have the opportunity to vote in our vestry selection. The table for voting is located in the upper narthex. We will announce the new vestry class on Dec 5.
- Restomen! Join us Tues, Dec 5 for our next RestoMen gathering. We begin @7pm w/supper (Bring $5 to help cover the cost). At 7:30pm we start the program, & end promptly @ 9pm. We are looking at the life of David, and our topic in Nov is “The Joy of Real Friendship.”
- Sunday Volunteer Appreciation Lunch – Sunday Volunteers (all liturgical volunteers, musicians, nursery volunteers and prayer people) we want to thank you! Join us today @ 1:00 in Fellowship Hall. Childcare provided if you RSVP’d to Kathy Kenyon email@example.com
- Daily prayer…made simple! Advent is the start of the Christian year and a great time to start new rhythms of daily prayer. We have created a simplified version of our Anglican prayer book to guide short daily prayers, scripture readings, and observance of church seasons all year long. Pick one up in the Narthex today (suggested donation is $5, but don’t let a lack of cash keep you from grabbing this great resource!).
- Advent Community: Friends and families, join us on Sat mornings (Dec 9,16,23) from 9:30am to noon throughout Advent to decorate cookies, sing carols, organize the Glebe Star Tree (see below), and prepare the sanctuary week to week on our trek towards celebrating the arrival of our Savior. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend cookie decorating.
- The Glebe Star Tree! Help us as we adopt over 50 families this Christmas and purchase gifts for children in our neighborhood elementary school. The Glebe Star Trees, with tags indicating the gifts needed, are in the narthex. Opportunities to sort and serve are also coming Dec 16-17.
- 2018 Men’s Retreat. Our annual Men’s retreat is coming Jan. 12-13, 2018 at Meadowkirk Retreat Center in Middleburg,VA. Register by Tuesday, Dec. 5 for Early Bird price ($70 for bunk room or $130 for inn room). Sign up on the Restoration App or website!
- Save the Date! The 2018 Women’s Retreat will take place on February 9-11, 2018 at Meadowkirk retreat center in Middleburg, Virginia. All women are warmly invited to come – and bring a friend! SAVE THE DATE! Registration details to be announced soon.
- Would you like to lead a Small Group? We are looking for new small group leaders for Winter 2018. If you are potentially interested in leading a group, please contact email@example.com. The deadline to sign up is December 17, 2017.
Advent and Christmas
Morning Prayer – Tues, Dec 5,12,19, 7am – 7:30, confession 7:30 – 8
Adventy Fireside Chats – Thurs, Dec 7,14, and 21, at 7:30pm at Erica’s RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org
Advent Community Prep – Sat, Dec 9,16, 23 from 9:30am to 12:00pm decorating cookies this Saturday (12/9) RSVP email@example.com by Wed
Caroling – Dec 17, 7pm at Sunrise Senior Living on Glebe
Glebe Star Tree – Grab a star from the tree! Dec 15 gifts are due at Restoration.
Christmas Eve Sunday – Advent 4 Morning Prayer at 8am
Christmas Eve Eucharist – 3pm and 5pm for children or the young at heart and 9pm for a more traditional experience
New Year’s Eve Sunday – 10am worship service