The Audio from our 30 September 2018 Parish Meeting is at the bottom of this post.
Restoration is a gathering of the body of Christ, a household of God, a community of broken people who are being restored by grace.
We worship together, pray together, serve together, and live life together. It’s more than just a place to show up on a Sunday; it’s the messiness of real life. When people are connecting to God and experiencing what it means to be loved, forgiven, healed, and empowered by Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit, church is happening. And church is a foretaste of God’s Kingdom— a day when all that is broken will be healed, all that is incomplete will be made whole, all that is old will be made new. A day of Restoration.
A few times a year we get together to talk about what God is doing in our church. It’s a family meeting:
- We check in about our resources (a financial update, opportunities to volunteer your time)
- We celebrate what’s going well (we just launched a church plant!)
- We anticipate what needs our attention (we are starting a visioning process).
We have one of these gatherings this Sunday, September 30 at 12:30pm… right after the 11am service.
Food: You always eat at a family meeting. So we will have pizza and grapes and cookies. Yum.
Childcare: The kids need to know they are included but the adults need to be able to talk. So after we eat pizza, we will provide childcare for kids and we need to know if your kids are coming. Can you drop Louise a line?
Topics: Here’s where the conversation will go…
- Restoration turns 10 in 2019! We are creating a team of people to help us plan the celebration. Do you enjoy hosting a party or helping folks to remember their joy? Want to be on the team that is preparing for a grand celebration in the fall of 2019? We’d love to get your name. We will mark you as ‘interested‘. And we’ll will be in touch.
- Vision Night Recap: Were you at Vision Night on September 6? Wondering what was discussed? We want to share things that we heard and update you on next steps. Your input is so important to us as we look to where Restoration is headed over the next 7 years, Restoration 2025!
- We ended our fiscal year strong in August. We will give a financial update and show a slideshow from the first few weeks of our church plant, Incarnation. We will talk about opportunities that are coming for discipleship, to engage our mortgage, and to visit our global outreach partners.
All of that in an hour! Hope you can join us on Sunday. Family meetings are fun!
This is what David shared concerning the vision night and follow-up questions: