- Advent Wreath Making. Friends, families, and housemates, join us next Sat morning, Dec 1, from 9:30am to noon to start the Advent season. Mark your calendars and sign up for Advent Wreath making at restorationarlington.org/workshops.
- The Glebe Star Trees: Help us as we adopt 59 families this Christmas and purchase specific gifts for children in our neighborhood elementary school. The Glebe Star Trees, with tags indicating gifts needed, are in the narthex. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adventy Fireside Chats. Join Erica and friends at her house on Thursdays (Dec 7, 14, 21) at 7:45pm to carve out some quiet space to exercise the discipline of waiting. Gather fireside for a guided reflection and time of prayer each week. RSVP email@example.com
- Restomen Gathering: Join us on Tues, Dec 4 for our next RestoMen gathering. We will begin at 7:30pm with supper and end promptly at 9pm. This month our topic is “The Challenge of finding a Work/Life Balance.” Questions? Ask firstname.lastname@example.org
- RestoWomen Christmas Gathering – Women, join with friends Tues, Dec 18 at 7:30pm in the Fellowship Hall to enjoy a Christmas celebration together!
- Leading a Small Group. Would you like to lead a Small Group? We are looking for new small group leaders for Winter 2019 (Jan to March). If you are potentially interested in leading a group, please contact email@example.com. The deadline to sign up is Sun, Dec 16, 2018.
- Men’s and Women’s Retreats are happening Jan 11-12 (men’s) and Feb 8-10 (women’s) at at Meadowkirk retreat center in Middleburg, VA. Registration is open today at restorationarlington.org. You won’t want to miss these times of growing friendships and discipleship.
- The Matthew 25 Gathering: Feb 19-21, 2019 Restoration will be hosting Anglicans from around North America who are contending for shalom by doing works of Justice and Mercy. It is a privilege to get to welcome these wonderful people. Consider holding those dates for the opportunity to be on a team serving with hospitality and logistics.
- AFAC Cereal and Bag Donations. Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) is a non-profit that provides supplemental groceries to our neighbors in need. Consider helping by donating a box of low-sugar cereal or cloth grocery bags (new or used). Place them in the green bin in the lower Narthex.
- Clergy Emergency Contact Number: This is a way for you to contact one of our clergy if you have any sort of pastoral emergency. Text or call 571.766.6495 to get through to one of them right away.
Advent Calendar for Dec – more details at restorationarlingon.org
Sat, 1 – Advent Wreath Making from 9:30am-12
Sat, 1,8,15, and 22 – Join us in the sanctuary to decorate 9:30am-12
Thurs, 6,13,20 – Adventy Fireside Chats 7:45pm at Erica’s
Sun, 9 – Caroling at Sunrise Senior Living at 7pm
Sat, 15 – Help sort Glebe Star Tree gifts from 9am to 11
Tues, 18 – RestoWomen Christmas Gathering at 7:30 in Fellowship Hall
Sun, 23 – no 5pm worship service
Mon, 24 – Lessons and Carols at 3pm, 5pm, and 9pm
Sun, 30 – One worship service at 10am (wear your Christmas sweater)