Sunday Announcements – May 19, 2019
- Let us welcome the newly baptized! Today we celebrate the baptisms of James Thornton Myers, Audrey Anne Orth, Nylah Allyn McKenna, and Fionn Ossian Fitzgerald-McKenna (9 AM) and Saoirse James Wear, Theodore Charles Hilliker, Warden Mark Sibben, and Amelia Jung (11 AM). Please pray for them as they grow in their faith and love for Jesus.
- Join us today in the Fellowship Hall after the 11 AM service to meet the 2019 RestoBolivia team and hear a brief presentation from the International Executive Director of Niños con Valor, Tyson Malo. We’re serving up a Taco Salad Bar and collecting donations to help fund the trip. Please join us!
- Restowomen Gathering! Join us Tuesday, May 21 at 7:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall to talk about the ups and downs and waiting periods that are part of our spiritual journey with the Lord, taking our cues from Moses and the Israelites (Exodus 4-15).
- Restoarts Poetry Reading. One of Restoration’s own resident amateur poets, Tim Gillis, will do a poetry reading and discussion from his self-published book Evensong: Poems for Pilgrims. Join us Tuesday, May 21 from 7 to 9 PM at the Weimers’. Free copies of Tim’s book will be available at the reading.
- If you’ve attended a New to Restoration dinner and are interested in becoming a member of the church, member forms are due Friday, May 24. Questions? Ask Kathy. (email@example.com)
- Restoration is hiring! Two new positions are open, with a May 31 application deadline. Check them out and pass them along to those whom you think would be a good fit for Restoration. https://restorationarlington.org/news/restoration-is-hiring/
- We will have a Parish Meeting after the 11 AM service on June 2. The RestoBolivia team will be hosting a BOWLivia fundraiser. Come fill a bowl with delicious food, make a donation, and stay to hear about all that is going on with our church family. RSVP to Louise if you would like childcare for your nursery-5th grader during the meeting. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don’t leave without saying goodbye. In this area, people come and go all the time. We get it. But we’d love to say goodbye before you go. If you are moving away, please let us know! Go to https://restorationarlington.org/we-will-miss-you/
- Clergy Emergency Contact Number: This is a way for you to contact one of our clergy if you have any sort of pastoral emergency. Text or call 571.766.6495 to get through to one of them right away.