- Parking on Sunday mornings. This is a reminder to be kind to our neighbors on Sunday mornings by not parking your car on Quincy St. Park your car in the lot on 15th and walk or ride our shuttle. Thank you for helping us treat our neighbors well!
- Thanksgiving for 10 Good Years: On Sunday, Nov. 24, we will have the opportunity to give a financial gift in thanksgiving for all that God has done over the last 10 years and in anticipation for all that God will do in our next season as Good Things Grow Here.
The vestry has designated that this gift would go to our operating fund and be above and beyond what you were planning to give at the end of 2019. The vestry is so grateful for your generosity and for God’s faithfulness to our church.
There will be 2 options for your ‘Thanksgiving for 10 Good Years’ gift:
A. We will make special envelopes available on Nov. 17 and at the party on Nov. 22. On Sunday, Nov. 24 we will turn in those envelopes as part of the offering during our worship services.
B. There is a dropdown menu choice on CCB called, ‘Thanksgiving for 10 Good Years’.
- RestoWomen: Join us this Tuesday, November 19 at 7:30pm in the Fellowship Hall as we learn about and practice Lectio Divina (Latin for divine reading). Lectio Divina invites us into God’s presence to listen for his particular loving word to us at a particular moment in time.
- West Asia: Are you interested in the work that Restoration does in West Asia? Would you like to hear about the trip we are planning in 2020 and meet some of the people who will be hosting you? Contact Beth Tipps (email@example.com).
- Want to help serve Resto youth? Find out how you can serve in APEX Youth Ministry this winter and spring by contacting Isaiah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- November 24 at Restoration: On Sunday, November 24, we encourage all who typically attend the 5pm service to attend either the 9 or 11am in order to be part of our 10th birthday celebration. A different kind of celebration is happening at the 5pm! Isaiah Brooms, Scott Buckhout, and Ryan Bettwy will be ordained. We will have our normal kids’ small groups at the 9 and 11am. We will only have childcare for preschool and below at the 5pm service.
- The Glebe Star Trees are coming! Be on the lookout for trees with tags in the upper and lower narthex on November 24 and be part of this annual tradition of blessing our neighbors. Questions? Louise (email@example.com) can help.
- After service prayer training: Prayer is key to our life together at Restoration! Get equipped to pray for others. The training will be Sunday, December 8 from 1-3pm in the Fellowship Hall.
- Interested in being an adult small group leader? If you are interested in leading a small group during the winter trimester (which will begin the week of January 19 and run for 10 weeks till the week of March 22) please contact Nathan (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline to sign up is Sunday, December 22.
- Arlington Turkey Trot 5k: You can support two of Resto’s outreach partners by participating in this family-friendly 5k on November 28- Thanksgiving morning at 8am! Volunteers are also needed. Contact Cathy at email@example.com for more info.