Alleluia! Christ is risen!
The Lord is risen indeed! Alleluia!
I hope you have had a great week. This morning we prayed from Psalm 111:
“Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart, in the company of the upright, in the congregation. Great are the works of the Lord…”
I am grateful for the good work of Holy Week and Easter worship. I give thanks for the ways God met us in the Triduum and our special liturgies around Jesus’ death and resurrection. Great are the works of the Lord! Thank you for joining us last week in declaring praise to our King.
I have a few updates as we settle in to our rhythm of Eastertide which will go from now until at least Pentecost on May 31.
Remote Worship- IT’S DIFFERENT THIS WEEK
Please check this page every time you choose to worship with Restoration. It will always have the most up to date information and login credentials.
This week (April 19), we are offering our Sunday worship service through our YouTube Channel instead of Zoom. We want to try this platform, which allows us to integrate music into the liturgy, and see what you think. At the end of the service, we will ask you to fill out a 10 second survey to tell us which platform you prefer for Sunday Remote Worship: Zoom or YouTube Live. Thanks for your feedback.
David, walk me through how I use all of these links on a Sunday:
- Wake up. Thank God for all of His goodness and mercy. Grab a cup of coffee. Open, this page.
- Do you have kids? Scroll to Kids’ Small Groups. At 8:45, log in and sit with your nursery/pre-k/K-1st child for their small group. At 9:15, log in with you 2nd-5th grade child for their small group. All of the Kids’ Small Groups are on Zoom.
- Ready for Restoration Sunday Worship? By 10am, make sure that you have our YouTube Live channel open. There will be less than 10 of us in the Restoration sanctuary leading the liturgy, leading music, praying, and preaching the Scriptures. You can say hi to your friends in the running chat on YouTube.
- Would you like to give your financial offering and tithe? Click over to our online giving portal. Thank you for your generous support of the work God is doing through Restoration.
- Would you like prayer? It’s 11:10. The service has ended on YouTube. Go back to our remote worship page and press the button for After Service Prayer. It will take you to a room in Zoom and you will be introduced to 2 of our intercessors who would love to pray for you.
That’s a great Sunday! I hope you can find everything you need as we worship together remotely.
Updates on Serving our Neighbors and Supporting our Community
This page has information on how Restoration can support you and how you can support our neighbors.
- This is our benevolence request form for people who attend Restoration. Please don’t hesitate to ask for assistance. We are a church community that wants to support each other.
- We have changed the way we are providing food support for our neighbors. We invite you to purchase Safeway grocery gift cards ($10 and $25 preferred) and mail them to Beth Tipps. She will confirm gift card receipt and will coordinate with Glebe volunteers for distribution to families.
- We continue to partner with The Church at Work in Arlington to provide rent assistance for our vulnerable households in our community. If you would like to participate, sign up here.
Thank you for all of the ways you are serving our community.
Would you like to pray with someone?
Rev. Nathan Dickerson is coordinating our intercessor teams. If you would like to pray with someone over the phone or via zoom, he would love to connect you with our trained, confidential intercessors. Just send him this email.
How can we help?
I miss seeing you each week. I love the regular chance to say hi and to hear snippets of how life is going. I miss our rhythms of connection. Please reach out and let us know how you are. Our staff team is praying for you.
“He sent redemption to his people; he has commanded his covenant forever. Holy and awesome is his name!” (Psalm 111: 9)
In Christ’s Love,