We receive you into the fellowship of the Church. Confess the faith of Christ crucified, proclaim his resurrection, and share with us in the royal priesthood of all his people. (The Congregational response to Baptism Book of Common Prayer, p.170)
Last Sunday was filled with exuberant joy as together, we welcomed eleven children into the fellowship of the Church and together, took up the responsibility of teaching and instructing them in faith in Christ Jesus. I love the way Restoration disciples kids. Thank you, Resto for serving as Kid Small Group Leaders, for praying for them, and for encouraging them as they grow up in our community. We pray for the maturing of their faith in Christ by His grace and love. What a wonderful Sunday of worship!
Fall Retreat: October 8-9 at Massanetta Springs
It’s getting close and there is a lot of excitement around Restoration. The retreat is full- over 300 of you are attending. We have a wait list and some of you are wondering if you will get off the wait list…
Here is an easy way to do it: serve as a Kids’ Small Group leader at the Fall Retreat! It will be a different Retreat experience for you and God will give you the chance to make a big difference in these kids’ lives (and probably bless your socks off along the way…) Many of those kids we baptized on Sunday got an early experience of small groups at the fall retreat. Kids LOVE the Fall Retreat.
Here’s the pitch from Ms. Louise:
We have 87 children registered for the Fall Retreat.
We have opportunities for 11 more people to serve as Kids’ Small Group leaders for the Fall Retreat.
Here is what we are asking to be a Kids’ Small Group Leader:
- Saturday, October 8 — be on-site at the retreat from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- Sunday, October 9 — be on-site at the retreat from 8:30 am – 11 am.
- Lead a kids’ small group: nursery, preschool, k-1st grade, 2nd-3rd grade, 4th-5th grade
- Team training, including review of our on-site child safety supervision plan and all curriculum details, will be required from 9:30 am – 10:30 am on Saturday, October 8
- Background check will be required (Restoration will pay for this and send each leader a link).
Here is what we are offering:
- You get off the waitlist! You get to be at the retreat- even if you haven’t registered at all!
- Louise will provide you a detailed curriculum plan and all materials.
- You will receive a $100 stipend for serving as a Kids’ Small Group Leader.
- Food and lodging is covered by Restoration for the individuals who are serving as Kid Small Group leaders.
- Kids’ Small Group Leaders are free to participate in the Saturday afternoon free time activities, in Session 2 with our speaker at 5pm on Saturday, and in the lipsync and bonfire on Saturday evening. You can do all of those things AND be a Kids’ Small Group Leader! (For free!!!)
Give this some prayer and then reach out to Louise Brooks no later than Friday, September 23 to let her know of your interest and availability.
Thanks so much! The Fall Retreat will be a blast!