Race+Reconciliation: A Conversation with Steve Park
This is an evening seminar with Steve Park, the executive director of Little Lights Urban Ministries, entitled: God’s Heart for Justice-Centered Racial Unity.
Steve will present for 45 minutes and then take questions from the audience for 45 minutes. There will be an opportunity to email questions ahead of time, to ask questions from the audience, and to submit questions anonymously on index cards. Please bring your questions!
Masks will be required for everyone in attendance, regardless of vaccination status. Although we welcome conversation and chit-chat, we will not be serving food or drinks on-site. Childcare will be available for kids 5th grade and below. This event is open to everyone and there is no charge.
Here is an update with the details you need:
We will start at 7:00pm. The lecture by Steve Park will be recorded and posted later to our YouTube channel. The Q+A interaction with the audience will not be recorded.
- Little Lights Urban Ministries is doing amazing work in DC. If you are not familiar with them, I encourage you to take a look at the video called, ‘Connected and Committed’ before you arrive on Thursday.
- Questions. A big draw for this seminar is the chance to ask questions. You will have three ways of doing that. First is to submit them ahead of time using this form. Take advantage of getting your question in early! If you really want your question to be answered, this will (almost) guarantee it. Second, we will hand you a notecard when you arrive. You can submit your question via the card at any point during the evening. This has the added benefit of being anonymous, if you prefer. Third, we will have a microphone for attendees to ask questions from the floor. We hope that everyone will bring their questions. In hopes of our questions being honest and authentic, the Q+A section will NOT be recorded.
- Masks. Restoration is requiring everyone who attends to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status.
- Refreshment. We welcome conversation before and after, but we will not be serving food or drink. Feel free to bring your own beverage, if you would like.
- Child-care. We will have child-care for children who are 5th grade and below, but you must register for it ahead of time. You can do that, here. Currently, we only have one household requesting child-care.
- Parking. If you are new to Restoration, parking is at a premium. We only have 13 spots on-site and you should expect that those will be full (sometimes they are not, but most of the time…) Normally, we park in the large lot that is at the corner of N. 15th and N. Quincy Streets. You can find a map to it, here. It takes about 10 minutes to walk up Quincy Street to the church, so please plan accordingly!
- Invite a friend. We still have plenty of space. This link has all of the information you need if you want to forward it to a friend. We would really appreciate everyone signing-up ahead of time. Thanks!