Quick Takes from Sunday:
- We closed on our facility! It was good to worship in our own home. We are so thankful for the way God worked this out: we will be paying our ‘mortgage’ to the Duke Street/Trinity Baptist Memorial Foundation which supports lots of great ministry work in Northern VA. It was kind of God to enable us to purchase our building while at the same time give our money to local Kingdom work.
- Live in the tension of Philippians 2. 12-13 Figure out what God wants and do it. Figure out what God is doing and want it.
- Great to have Matt back. Loved belting out ‘It is Well With My Soul’ with him and Dawnielle at the 11.
- Did you see this article in the Post about Gregory Hart? I was touched by the kindness that was shown to this man. I am sure there are lots of ‘problems’ with ‘housing first’, but it seems to capture how God treats us with grace: how God moves first, how there is nothing we have done to deserve having him pursue us and yet he does. Grace always comes first. What a practical picture.
- Over 60 kids downstairs in children’s church. I continue to be so impressed with the way God uses our Kid Small Group Leaders and the creative ways they maximize that space.
- You want to know what god wants? Be the presence of the Kingdom in the places to which He sends you. If you do, you will shine like a light, you will experience the suffering of life in a crooked and twisted generation. You will have to work out your salvation. You will have to believe that God is at work.
- I loved the 100s(!) of cupcakes that appeared on the lawn for my birthday. Thank you! My kids ate 11 of them.
Oct 22-24: We will be gone at the Fall Retreat!! There are no worship services at Quincy St on Oct. 24
I recommend Church of the Ascension, Emmanuel Presbyterian, or Redeemer Arlington for church next weekend if you can’t be with us on the retreat.