- A Joyful Noise was made. Many thanks to everyone who walked through the streets around our church, in the rain, singing songs about the birth of Jesus. It wasn’t always pretty and it was frequently interspersed with ‘watch out! a car is coming, get the kids out of the road’ and it was really wet… But we had a lot of fun. Our neighbors got bags of cookies and an invitation to our Christmas Eve services and a rousing chorus of Joy to the World!
- Have you seen our Christmas Eve Banner? I love it! Many thanks to Becky Keller and Karen Tsang for creating it. And the Grays for putting it up. Remember, this is one of those rare moments when people WANT to be in church— it just feels right on Christmas Eve. So be courageous in your inviting and be hospitable in your welcoming. We get to give a gift to many folks who wouldn’t normally want to be in a church.
- I am thankful for Uzziah. I am so aware of the consequences of my own sense of entitlement. AND I am saddened by the times I do not change course and respond well to correction– especially when the Holy Spirit is imploring in my ear. Yet, I am thankful that Christ came to deliver me from being a son of Uzziah and to welcome me in to the family of the King of Kings.
- Have you tried an Adventy Fireside Chat? Quiet conversation, warm drinks, general coziness…
- Andrew is back from Uganda! Yay! Ask him about his trip and how morning prayer was interrupted to deliver a baby. Cindy Darnell leaves in 3 weeks for Kenya. Make sure you are on her prayer list.
It is a busy time. I pray that you are creating space to listen to your Maker. He loves you. Stay warm.