[a post from Connally Gilliam]
What if… right where you are, God is moving to draw you, your family, co-workers, neighbors and others into the depth, risk, and reality of knowing Jesus?
What if… our role is not to “prove” Christianity but help guide our friends to a place where they and God can meet?
What if… there was a monthly venue to talk, share, learn, and pray about our role in advancing the Kingdom of God among those in our real world?
What if… you even get a free breakfast out of this monthly gathering?!
Then you don’t want to miss out on three upcoming breakfasts … February 11, March 11, and April 15!
For all of us who are interested in helping the people with whom we live, work, and play encounter Jesus, please join us for breakfast, a few stimulating thoughts, and prayer for God’s direction on what role we each might play in the lives of those yet to know Jesus.
- Dates: February 11, March 11, April 15, 2011
- Time: 6:30 – 7:30 a.m.
- Where: The Dinwiddie House, 2915 N. Dinwiddie, Arlington, 22207. Anne makes a killer egg dish, bagels, plus there will be fruit, juice and plenty of coffee!
- RSVP: So we know how many bagels to buy and eggs to cook, please RSVP to Cameron Doolittle at email@example.com or Bob Adgate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What: During your normal traffic pattern you may rub shoulders with co-workers, neighbors, family members, recreational friends, parents from your children’s school, fellow volunteers in the community, plus a host of other people in your usual course of life.
Each month we’ll have an opportunity to:
- be stimulated and learn from others who have a heart in reaching the people God is placing “next to “ us where we live, work, study, serve, and play.
- name three or four people whom God is putting “on your heart” and whom you want to reach out to more intentionally.
- discover and discuss ways you can meaningfully connect with these people in between our monthly breakfasts.
- pray together for these people with two others at the breakfasts. And schedule a time to pray over the phone a few weeks after each breakfast.
- walk away after each breakfast with tangible next steps in building relationships with these people.
- share stories of what is happening as you are intentionally relating and reaching friends right where you live.
Please join us!