On Sunday, reality hit. We have about 11 weekends left in our current facility! Time flies. We are planning that Easter [March 31] will be our last service in the current structure at 1815 Quincy Street. This is a picture of Little Falls Presbyterian Church and we will start worshiping here, all together, at 5pm on April 7. So make sure you don’t miss a Sunday between now and then. This is the end of an era– in the life of Restoration and the life of that little church building.
Here’s some stuff I loved about Sunday:
- ‘Discipline is not doing what you want more for the sake of what you want most.’ That is brilliant. I have thought about it so many times in the last 48 hours– when I wanted to stop running, when I wanted to vent my anger, when I wanted to have an extra…, when I wanted to sleep a little longer. Great reminder.
- Singing this– ‘Praise to the Lord, who, when tempests their warfare are waging, Who, when the elements madly around thee are raging, Biddeth them cease, turneth their fury to peace, Whirlwinds and waters assuaging.’ What a great picture of God’s power to calm, His authority over chaos, His ability to take us through temptation.
- Also loved this new song. Thanks, Matt. What a great response to the reality of temptation– It is the One who is in us, who goes with us, who never leaves us alone– He is the One who gives us the power to say no… and yes.
- We had a little vestry retreat this weekend. Such a good conversation on Restoration’s governance and leadership structures. We had a rich service of morning prayer on Saturday and discussed Matthew 10– the reality that as a church we send people as sheep in the midst of wolves. He goes with us, but it will not always be easy. We spent the afternoon discussing Patrick Lencioni’s book, The Advantage— driving to this question: What is the most important thing facing Restoration right now? These are Godly, wise, humble leaders. We are blessed to have them thinking, praying, and serving our church. You can see photos from the weekend on our Facebook page.
- LOVED Hebrews 4.12-16. God has given us His Scripture as a means to align our heart with His best for us. Jesus has a heart just like ours, that was tempted in every way, but He was faithful!! And when we look to Him as our leader, He shows us how to be faithful too.
- APEX kicked off with a great presentation from Erik B. on his time in China and a great discussion about temptation. They are getting excited about Breakaway in a couple months. These are fantastic kids with faithful leaders who want to see them grow in Christ.
- Small Groups Launched!! You can still sign up. But on January 27 they all close. You don’t want to miss this chance to connect to God and to others and to wrestle with how to live this stuff out.
Hope you are having a great week. Enjoy your small group. See you at Restoration on Sunday– only 11 of ’em left.