Today is Restoration’s 6th birthday.
We remember the celebration we had in 2009 at the Ballston Hilton and we celebrate all the opportunities we have had to welcome people home in 2016. Here are some highlights from this year:
- We have lived in our space— eaten meals, laughed, cried, prayed, sang. We have hosted so many events— a major conference for Dan Allender, weddings, funerals, diocesan meetings, RestoMen and Women Unscripted. We have generously provided needed regional space for Operation Christmas Child, made it easier to engage in the liturgy by adding sound treatment to our sanctuary and made the space more fun by adding a playground.
- We dug deeper in Cambodia and West Asia. We now have 2 ordained, Anglican leaders for the work of church planting in those countries. At home, we have begun to imagine how we might provide immigration legal aid in our facility on Quincy Street.
- We hired 2 people– Nathan Dickerson and Isaiah Brooms, who bring vision and talent for the work of growing coherent, faithful followers of Jesus through our small groups for adults and youth.
- We’ve grown in attendance by 35% this year. We have increased our budget by 15%.
- Over 50 people made commitments of membership and signed The Big Green Book. Over 30 people were baptized. We have made a place where people can come home.
- While we continue to disciple and care for all the people who call Restoration home, we are beginning to pray about, learn about, and dream about what it would take to send 2 or 3 church plants out of this home for the sake of of establishing new places that could welcome people home. We hope that next year, when we celebrate our 7th birthday, we will have taken significant steps on that journey.
One of the birthday gifts that you can give the leadership of our church is your feedback about this year. What was most significant for you? How would you like Restoration to improve? This survey will take you 5 minutes to fill out. Your responses will be so helpful as we plan for the opportunities that will come in year 7! The survey is open until December 1.
I am grateful to be on the journey with you.