Thank you. Thank you for all you have done to be ready for next week’s Matthew 25 Gathering.
I wanted to send a few notes as we enter the countdown to arrival.
- A HUMONGOUS thank you to Kathy Kenyon who has been coordinating all of our ‘on-site logistics’. Thank you to the registration team, the housing team, the hospitality team, the make-sure-everything-is-in-the-welcome-bags team. You all have been working for months and I am so very grateful. I love your ideas and I can’t wait to see them implemented.
- Thank you to everyone who signed up to bring food, to give on-site hospitality, and to pray. We have a few slots left in each category if you would like to serve and have not signed up yet. When I first introduced Restoration to The M25Gathering, I stated that,
‘We want to host the Gathering participants well. We will do that through a smooth registration process, vigilant on-site hospitality, and gracious lodging.
We are ready to do that because of how generously you have responded. Thank you. It really is overwhelming.
- If you signed up to be on the On-Site Prayer Team or if you would like to pray for the Gathering before it starts: There will be a special, required training session this Sunday night, after the 5pm service, from 6:30-7:30 in the sanctuary. If you are on the Prayer Team, we kindly ask that you prioritize this training and attend.
- You are invited to attend the Wednesday Night Plenary Session of the Gathering. It will start at 7:00pm in the sanctuary. Dr. Vincent Bacote of Wheaton College will present a lecture entitled, ‘A Courageous Public Witness’. I can’t wait. I hope that many of you will come and see a bit of The Gathering. I think you will love it. This is the only session that is open to the public. All of the others require a ticket.
- If you have questions about the Gathering, we will be updating this page regularly with logistical information that participants and hosts will need. So feel free to bookmark and come back to it. You can also call or text the Restoration Clergy Pastoral Emergency Number (on the back of every worship guide) and get me, David, throughout the Gathering. I will also respond to my normal phone number and you are welcome to use it.
Thank you friends. I have so appreciated the opportunity to partner with you on this project.