Good afternoon, Restoration!
And happy 4th of July!
While David is out these next 6 weeks, you’ll receive periodic updates from me about things happening in the life of our church.
If you attended in person or joined us virtually this past Sunday, you heard David pray for Abigail Westbrook. Sunday was Abigail’s last Sunday with us as our Kids’ Small Group Coordinator.
Abigail joined our team two years ago and has been an invaluable partner to Louise Brooks by creating curricula, supervising our nursery team, and welcoming our littlest ones to their first experiences of kids’ small groups. We are so thankful for the ways Abigail used her gifts at Restoration.
Abigail will wrap up her responsibilities by July 31 and would love to hear from you if you have a question or would like to send her a note of gratitude for her work!
Future Staffing Plans for Kids’ Small Groups
Abigail’s departure means we’re currently looking for an enthusiastic, full-time kids’ small group coordinator to add to our team.
This person will work alongside Louise Brooks to create and maintain a welcoming kids’ small group environment for the youngest members of our community. Specifically, this person will be responsible for our nursery rooms and all that happens within and through them.
Do you know someone who loves Jesus, loves kids, and wants to work on a great staff team? We’d love to hear from them. Details about the position can be found on our website.
Before you go… don’t forget!
- The 9 am and 11 am services look exactly the same. Masks are required for everyone who is 2 years of age and older and not vaccinated. Everyone is welcome to wear a mask if that makes you more comfortable. Seating in the sanctuary is open and not socially distanced. The Eucharist is celebrated inside. The shuttle is back. Park here and hop on.
- There are 4 more weeks in our nursery kids’ small group pilot.
- We’re still accepting applications for our newly created Restoration Clergy Development Program.
- Sign up for the event of the summer: The Restoration Pickleball Tournament
- There’s still time to join the Summer Small Group, focusing on how to live a tech-wise Christian life.
Give us a shout if you need anything or have questions!
– Kat Downs