About 20 folks from Restoration will be heading down to the Arlington Food Assistance Center from 1-4pm on Valentine’s Day to help clean their warehouse. AFAC provides food for those who are most vulnerable in Arlington County. We want to join them in their mission, because we believe it is something close to the heart of Christ. If you are interested in joining us, read on. Please rsvp to David (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are coming!
Okay, here’s the scoop. We’ll meet at AFAC (www.afac.org –and if there’s no street parking I typically park in the lot for “jennie park” which entails taking a quick left then right once you turn onto Nelson St.) at 1:00 promptly! Plan to stay until 4:00.
AFAC will be providing some cleaning items, but this is what we could use.
4 mops (they’ll have some but we need to do a lot of mopping!)
3 brooms (they have two, but we need also to do a lot of sweeping!)
4 bottles of cleaning stuff (your favorite brand is fine)
3 swiffer or swiffer-like dusters
a sponge per person
a few rags per person
What we will do….and hold on to your hats because this is where it gets FUN
- clean out one of the main fridges (take out everything and wipe down walls and mop floor)
- sweep out the loading dock
- sweep and mop warehouse floor
- sweet and mop distribution area floor
- wipe down distribution fridge
- shake out large, canvas food bins/hampers
- wash out plastic food bins/trash cans
- clean out kitchen and surrounding area
- wipe down 36 plastic chairs
- wash the windows (including upstairs in the executive office)
- vacuum the main office
- clean door nobs
- dust computers/desks