What a celebration we had on Sunday! So thankful for +Minns, for John Yates, for Wendell Kimbrough and his team, and for all the people from Restoration who made it happen. It is so good to stop and say thank you. Some of my favorite moments:
- praying that ‘Rector’ prayer. super powerful. It was still ringing in my brain when I started serving communion and several times, I could barely get out: ‘the body of Christ which was broken for you.’
- the slide show– as a friend said, ‘got a little dusty in there during the slide show, couldn’t make my eyes stop watering.’ Seeing the faces of people I dearly love and knowing we are walking this road together– doesn’t get much better than that on this side of heaven.
- the ‘symbol gifts’ from the congregation. what a profound bit of liturgy. a weighty calling to be that kind of Rector. loved it.
- Henry Wildman bringing me a scone when I told him I was hungry…
- Knowing Colin and Daniel arrived at 6am to set up sound, knowing Colin stayed until late to tear it back down. The worship guide Erin and Lacey created. Mary’s work with the hotel. The bread that Hannah baked…
- being all together.
What do you think about worshiping in a hotel?
The obvious up-side is that it is big enough to hold our whole church for one service. What are some other positives? A downside is the aesthetics– takes work to make it feel like a church. What are some other downsides? We are praying about our facility needs and looking for wisdom and counsel. If you have thoughts on worshiping in a hotel, throw them up here. It would be a GREAT help to me.