Thank you for praying! It has been an extremely informative trip. Internet is slow, so here are some quick bullets…
- Jon and I missed our connection from Heathrow to Istanbul. Which meant we were going to miss our connection to Antalya as well. We decided to cancel Liz’s flight to Antalya [we were meeting in IST] and have her wait for us there. She didn’t find out until she landed… It all worked out fine. But lots of frantic texting in the interim…
- Friday, we had a GREAT day in Antalya– 4 two hour conversations with various workers and pastors. We learned so much about what God is doing and we got some great ideas about how American teams can be used.
- On Saturday, we drove from Antalya to Izmir. We were very proud of ourselves– getting across the county all by our selves. [it’s the little things…] Along the way we saw 4 of the 7 cities in Revelation. Fun to relive our fall sermon series.
- Sunday we got to worship with a wonderful congregation in Izmir. Jon, Liz, and I got to pray for some folks and we received prayer.
- Today, we have spent the whole day with a couple who has been here for over 40 years. Fantastic conversations about prophecy and what God is doing. It has felt like a 5 hour seminar on the modern history of the Turkish church. LOVED it. Many more ideas of how a team might be used in this city.
- Tonight we are headed to a church plant about an hour south of here.
- Tomorrow I will talk a bit about Restoration’s small group strategy with their pastor of small groups. Good cross-pollination.
My battery is about to die. Thank you for praying for us. We are praying several times a day for you. God is good and very much at work.