an invitation from Julia Simerly:
Hello Ladies of Restoration!
Just a reminder about the brunch this Saturday morning December 4 at 9:30 at the church!
We will gather and eat a light brunch (please bring an item to share) then car pool to do some “shopping with a purpose” at AmaniDC. Amani DC is the US retail location and warehouse for Amani ya Juu, a Christian social enterprise based in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Liberia. Amani ya Juu (meaning “higher peace” in Swahili) is a community where women stitch together and grow in faith together. Amani has over 500 products ranging from colorful women’s bags to household items and jewelry. The sale of each product provides marginalized women a chance to sustain a consistent income and supports the growth and development of the centers in Africa.
We hope you can attend the brunch and shopping! Details are below.
Who: Ladies of Restoration. Please bring your girlfriends and daughters!
What: Potluck brunch and shopping at AmaniDC
When: Saturday December 4, 2010
· 9:30 am – 10:30 am – Brunch at RAC
· 10:30 am – 11:00 am – Carpool to AmaniDC
· 11:00 am – 12:00 pm – Shopping at AmaniDC
· Potluck brunch will be at Restoration Anglican Church – 1815 N. Quincy Street Arlington, VA 22207.
· Shopping will be at AmaniDC – 3166 Mt. Pleasant Street NW, Washington, DC 20010.
Coffee will be provided.
Please RSVP with a dish to share to either:
For more information about Amani ya Juu, please visit the following websites: