If you’ve been at Restoration anytime in the last, oh, two months, you’ve heard us announce the Fall Retreat. “It’s great!” we say. “It’s lots of fun!” “There’s a great speaker!” “All the cool kids will be there!”
These things are all true. But you’ve heard them before, and if you haven’t already registered for the retreat, they must not be very convincing. (Or else you’re just
stubborn extraordinarily difficult to convince.)
Since this Sunday, October 6, is absolutely your last chance to register for this amazing experience, we’re giving it one more shot. Herewith:
The Top Ten Reasons You Don’t Want to Miss the Fall Retreat:
10. Louise Brooks is collecting wine corks for it. Don’t you want to know why? (Or, you know, contribute to the collection?)
9. Embarrassing stories about David. Our speaker used to be David’s boss. You know he’s got good dirt.
8. The donuts. We’re not sure why, exactly, but somehow donuts have become and indispensable feature of the Fall Retreat. And Jeff Walton brings them. Jeff Walton + donuts = all the sweetness you can handle.
7. You’ve been wanting to break a kid’s hand. Last year, one of the kids got his fingers fractured by a grown-up playing flag football. You too could be That Guy!
6. Bust out your nature-babe (or -dude) wardrobe. You bought half the REI catalog, but admit it: you don’t really like the outdoors. No worries — all your North Face, Patagonia, and Vasque gear will look right at home amidst the fall foliage…and you still get to sleep inside.
5. A whole weekend of kids’ small groups. Don’t worry, our egos can take it. We know that kids’ small groups are the best thing happening at Restoration. At the retreat, your kids will get a whole weekend’s worth of them. It’s ok to be jealous. I am.
4. You haven’t had rectangular cafeteria pizza since you were in fourth grade. And you’re not fooling anybody — we all know how long ago that was.
3. Someone else gets to deal with your
sullen delightfully independent teenager. A full APEX program for middle and high schoolers? ‘Nuff said.
2. The shortest Sunday service you’ll ever experience at Restoration. Did you know a sermon could be three minutes long? Now you do.
And the Number One Reason You Don’t Want to Miss the Fall Retreat is…
1. God told me he thinks you ought to be there. And you really don’t want to disappoint the Big Guy.
Seriously, it’s going to be great. And there’s no better way to get to know people and feel connected at Restoration. So fill out the registration form today. I can’t wait to see you there.